22 Question GAA Quiz 1916 to 2016 ... compiled by Lorcan O'Rourke
Five pairs of tickets to be won for Kildare’s opening home Allianz Football League game v Cork, Sunday February 112
TEST YOUR GAA KNOWLEDGE
(1) 1916: Which club won the Kildare senior football and hurling titles?
(2) 1916: Which Leinster county won its third All-Ireland senior football
(3) 1926: Name the club that won its third and final Kildare senior football title.
(4) 1926: How many successive Leinster titles did Kildare win following their victory in 1926?
(5) 1936: Which club won the Leinster Leader Cup?
(6) 1936: What is the connection between the Mayo All-Ireland winning team and the present Dáil?
(7) 1946: Which club won its third Kildare senior football title in 1946?
(8) 1946: Name the politician who won his sixth consecutive All-Ireland medal in 1946.
(9) 1956: Name the team that won its only Kildare senior football title in this year.
(10) 1956: Which Galway player won the first of four All-Ireland senior football medals in 1956?
(11) 1966: Name the Kildare man who won an All-Ireland junior hurling medal and later became a TD.
(12) 1966: Which Leinster county won the National football League for the first and only time?
(13) 1976: Which rural club won the Leader Cup and the senior football championship in this year?
(14) 1976: Name the first Dublin captain to lift the Sam Maguire Cup in successive years - the first was in 1976.
(15) 1986: Which club contested (and lost) the Kildare senior football final for the only time in its history?
(16) 1986: What was unusual about the score in the Leinster football final – Meath 0-9 v Dublin 0-7?
(17) 1996: The 1996 Round Towers senior football captain was one of three of his family name to lift a county trophy. Who was he?
(18) 1996: Who captained Meath to win the Sam Maguire Cup?
(19) 2006: Who managed Moorefield to win the Leinster Club title?
(20) 2006: What was a unique fact about the three Ó Sé brothers in Kerry’s All-Ireland victory?
(21) 2016: Which teams played in the last game of Round One of the Kildare championship?
(22) 2016: Name the referee of the drawn All-Ireland final between Dublin and Mayo.
Top five most correct answers will receive a pair of tickets each for Kildare's opening (home) AFL Division 2 game v Cork, Sunday February 12, St Conleth's Park (courtesy of Kildare GAA Co Board).
Answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Friday January 27.