Are you stressed about Christmas?
A survey which looked at Ireland’s everyday stress levels in the run up to Christmas has found that more than a third of people surveyed are stressed in the run up to Christmas.
The survey, conducted by Zenflore also found that:
● Despite the apparent economic boom, money is more of a worry this year than last year for two in five people
● More than a third of people surveyed are worried about affording gifts for their kids this Christmas
● Half of people surveyed are stressed about spending money this Christmas
● One in ten people surveyed said they will be spending Christmas alone this year
● 20% said they get stressed by family gatherings, while 10% said they don’t enjoy them
● Almost one in five said they expect confrontations at their family gatherings
● Almost 20% described Christmas as lonely or sad
● Money is the biggest stress for people with almost two thirds highlighting it
● Other stresses include: Buying gifts (47%), gaining weight (25%), extra cooking (30%)
● Half of people surveyed manage stress by walking, 34% said eating while 10% said religion helps them manage stress
● One in two find it hard to relax at Christmas.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.