Kildare man charged in connection with Naas Garda chase

Faces eight charges of Dangerous Driving

Email:

editor@leinsterleader.ie

Kildare man charged in connection with Naas Garda chase

The case was heard at Naas District Court yesterday.

A Naas man faced numerous charges of Dangerous Driving after he allegedly lead Gardai on a chase through the town last week.

At Naas District Court yesterday, March 28, Gardai told Judge Desmond Zaidan that they allegedly spotted Luke Conroy, 24, with an address listed as 255 Sunday’s Well, Naas on the Blessington Road in the early hours of Friday, March 24 last acting suspiciously, they believed. 

“He was staring at us,” a Garda explained.

The Garda alleged that they indicated for him to pull over to speak to him, but, it is alleged, he took off and drove the length of the town eventually stopping near the roundabout on the Ballymore Eustace Road. Evidence was given that two Gardai vehicles, including an unmarked car, were involved. Judge Desmond Zaidan was told that the alleged incident occurred at 12.50am on March 28.

Mr Conroy faces a total of eight charges of Dangerous Driving at North Main Street, South Main Street Naas, Friary Road and Naas West as well as charges of driving without insurance or a driving licence. Mr Conroy is represented by Timmy Kennelly. The matter was adjourned to June 20 next for preparation of the case.