File photo: 2FM DJ Bláthnaid Treacy with Daithí O Ruaidh, Kevin Shortall and Stiofán O’Fearail of Seo Linn, pictured outside the relocated Queen's Room
Horse trainer, Jim Kavanagh will be the next speaker at the Curragh Local History Group Meeting on February 26.
The topic is The Queens Room at the Curragh Racecourse. This landmark building is the last part remaining of the old stand which was built in 1853. It has been dismantled brick by brick and painstakingly incorporated into the new facility due to open this year.
The talk begins at 8pm at the building opposite the Post Office, Curragh Camp. All welcome