The site at St Conleth's Community College, Newbridge
The building site at the extention to Newbridge's to St Conleth's Community School remains closed as efforts to resolve the issues that lead to its closure have thus far proved unsuccessful.
The Leinster Leader has learned that a number of meetings took place in the past week in an effort to resolve the issue. They involved the Department of Education and various contractors.
A spokesperson for the KWETB said that while there had been progress, the matter was not resolved yet.
The building contractor on the St Conleth's project is K&J Townmore Construction.
Work on the site halted on Friday, December 8, in an ongoing dispute over contractor certification of work.
At the time, Kildare and Wicklow Education and Training Board (KWETB) said it could not take possession of the building until all matters concerning certification are resolved to its satisfaction "thus ensuring that the best standards of safety and certfication are met."
It said that the "design team, appointed by and on behalf of KWETB" had suspended work "pending the production of manditory regulation certification from the contractor for elements of the project for which they are responsible from both a design and construction point of view."
"Mandatory certification is required from the contractor to demonstrate that the relevant building regulations standards have been fully and adequately complied with."
The new building was originally designed to cater for 250 students, but currently has 477. The project was recently at the centre of a High Court action where a contractor, Drumderry was ordered to hand over certifcation against their wishes.