Search

11 Aug 2022

Alleged shotgun discharge case sent forward for trial at Kildare court

ALLEGATIONS

Alleged shotgun discharge case sent forward for trial at Kildare court

The court was told that the incident happened in Nurney. File Pic: Naas Courthouse

A case involving the alleged discharge of a firearm was sent forward for trial on Thursday, July 28.

Andrea Booth, with an address listed as 9 Connagh Green, Coolaghknock Glebe in Kildare town, previously appeared in Naas District Court on Thursday, May 12.

The 47-year-old defendant allegedly tried to shoot her partner with a shotgun on October 7, 2020, in Nurney.

She is accused of using her partner’s shotgun, which resulted in him being treated in hospital after being hit by some of the pellets.

Garda Sergeant Jim Kelly told Judge Desmond Zaidan at the previous court date that the Director of Public Prosecutions directed a trial by indictment for the accused.

He added that the woman and her partner are still together.

After a book of evidence relating to the case was handed in by gardaí, Judge Michéle Finan sent the case forward for trial at the next sittings of Naas Circuit Criminal Court, which commences on October 11.

The judge also gave the accused a 14-day alibi warning.

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.


Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.