There is a lot of online evidence in the case of a man who is charged with allegedly harassing a Kildare County County official, a District Court has been told by Gardai.
The case of 58 year Lawrence Herbert with an address 4 St Ita's Place, Newbridge road, Naas, was mentioned at Kilcock District Court on January 10.
It has been adjourned until Monday, April 15.
At an earlier hearing in March of last year, the District Court was told that Mr Herbert is charged with harassment against a Kildare County Council Tenant Liaison Officer.
It is alleged that the offences took place between November 19 2014 and April 8 2015.
The charges are being brought under two section (Section 9 and Section 10) of Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act, 1997.
Mr Herbert is contesting the charges, the Court has been told.
It is alleged that, among other things, he posted videos on Facebook.
On January 10, when the case was mentioned again, Garda Sgt Jim Kelly, for the prosecution, said that the case will take half a day to hear.
Judge Desmond Zaidan, noting the charge, said the allegations were serious.
Sgt Kelly said there will be evidence of online social media used in the allegations against Mr Herbert. Sgt Kelly told the judge there is a lot of online evidence, in which, the State will be alleging, the official was defamed.
He said the evidence included recordings and evidence from Facebook. There will be two State witnesses and the rest of the evidence will be in technical format format.
Mr Herbert was remanded on continuing bail to that day, when the case is likely to be heard in the afternoon.