KCC in action. Picture: Tony Keane
Here is the latest list of the status of roads which are being worked on by Kildare County Council in the aftermath of Storm Emma.
- Kill to Straffan road now two lanes open
- Maynooth to Straffan road re-opened
- Work ongoing on Barberstown to Straffan road
- Work ongoing on Moyglare road in Maynooth
- R403 Clane to Carbury road 2 lanes open
- Kilteel Village roads cleared
- Naas to Kilcullen road 2 lanes now open
- Naas to Brannockstown road only one lane cleared in places
- Naas to Ballymore road only one lane cleared in places
- Bodenstown Cross to Painstown road closed until tomorrow morning
AA Roadwatch says that conditions remain slushy on secondary routes around the county but otherwise main routes are passable including the M7 and M4.
Traffic is very heavy on the Moyglare Rd both ways outside of Maynooth due to lying snow on both sides of the road. Gardai are advising to avoid this route.
The Clane/Sallins Rd (R407) has now fully reopened following the removal of snow but continued caution is advised.
The Caragh/Prosperous Rd (R409) has reopened following works to clear snow but it is expected to close again at 9:30am tomorrow morning (6th). Continued caution is advised.