Reports circulating in the Naas area to the effect that an attempt was made to abduct a child have been utterly dismissed by Gardai.
Rumours circulated locally last week suggesting an attempted abduction had taken place in Kill on the night of August 31, Wednesday last.
It was suggested that there had been an effort to abduct a ten year old girl.
However a garda spokesman told the Leader that while he was aware of the reports he said they were entirely without foundation.
It is understood that the reports may originate from an innocuous dispute which arose from a falling out among some young children who were playing in the area.
It is further understood that some parents may have become involved in the dispute, which then escalated.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.