Search

07 Jul 2022

What's cooking?! Kildare householders warned after firefighters called when pot fills house with smoke

What's cooking?! Firefighters called after pot fills house with smoke

Firefighters with the pot which caused the smoke / PHOTO: Dublin Fire Brigade

A pot cooking on a stove filled a house with smoke and resulted in emergency services being called to a home.

Smoke alarms were triggered and Dublin Fire Brigade received a call from the alarm monitoring company about the incident. 

A spokesperson said: "Firefighters discovered that unattended cooking was the cause of the alarm.

"The pot, and its contents, filled the house with smoke.

"This is a common, and avoidable, cause of kitchen fires.

"Never leave cooking unattended."

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.


Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.