The gardai have issued the following traffic and travel information for those travelling to Electric Picnic in Stradbally this weekend.
All approved routes leading to designated parking areas for the event are clearly sign posted and patrons are urged to follow these routes to avoid unnecessary delay and traffic disruption. Key junctions and points will be manned by Gardaí. Designated privately operated car parking is provided adjacent to the event site on all approved routes. This parking is free to all ticket holders. No roadside parking will be permitted.
Coaches and camper vans are requested to follow the specific “Coach & Camper Van” sign’s. Vehicles displaying accredited ‘Disabled Parking Permit’ should also follow this route.
* M7 Southbound - All event traffic travelling south on the M7 will exit at Junction 16 and on to Broomfield Roundabout on the Stradbally road. Follow signage.
* M7 Northbound - Exit at Junction 17 and follow signage.
* Via Portlaoise - Use relief road and follow signage.
* M8 Northbound - Exit at Junction 3 and follow signage through Ballacolla, Abbeyleix, Ballyroan and on to site
* N80 - via Carlow – proceed straight to Stradbally.
* R428 - via Athy – proceed straight to Stradbally.
Family Camping ticket holders will be parked at the GAA Pavilion, Timahoe Road, Stradbally adjacent to the Staff Parking area.
Parking for day ticket holders (Sunday only) will be on the Portlaoise Road (N80) – Car Park Z.