No fanfare yet in the run up to 200

a Newbridge Town Councillor expressed his concern over the lack of fanfare in the lead up to Newbridge 200 festival which takes place from September 6 to 16 next.

a Newbridge Town Councillor expressed his concern over the lack of fanfare in the lead up to Newbridge 200 festival which takes place from September 6 to 16 next.

Cllr Mick Deely raised the issue at this month’s Town Council meeting.

“I know more about Clifden 200 than I do Newbridge 200,” he said.

“I’m disappointed that this is not on the agenda.”

Mayor Murty Aspell said that the council did not get any requests to put it on the agenda.

Cllr Deely said that he was “surprised” the committe have not been in contact to follow up. Cllr Damian Molyneaux said that he was on the committee with fellow councillor Fiona O’Loughlin, who was not in attendance, adding that of late he had been unable to attend some meetings.

“We have a committee and there are two councillors on it,” said chairman of Newbridge 200, David O’Reilly.

“It is not a council-run event and we have a very tight budget so we had to be careful as to how we spend our money. Banners will be going up in and out of town soon for the launch on September 6. This is going to be a fantastic festival starting with a parade from the Curragh.”