Coronation Street actress Michelle Keegan will lead the judging panel for the Most Stylish Lady competition at the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby on Saturday, June 29. The competition is sponsored by Dubai Duty Free, in association with Boodles.
The winner will receive a luxury holiday for two to Dubai, courtesy of Dubai Duty Free, with flights accommodation in the five-star Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, €1,000 to spend in Dubai Duty Free plus a stunning piece of jewellery from Boodles.
Interested ladies can now pre-register for the competition at www.curragh.ie or can wait to be spotted on the day. All ladies who pre-register will receive a goody bag.
Judge Michelle Keegan, who plays Tina McIntyre in the popular soap opera, said: “I’m sure the competition will be fierce, and I can’t wait to see what the ladies will be wearing on the day.”
The actress shared some of her top racing fashion tips ahead of the Derby event:
1. A hat or headpiece is a must for summer racing and can really add to the overall look. The great thing about summer racing, is that race goers have a lot more flexibility when it comes to headwear, and if they don’t want to for the more traditional hat or fascinator, they can choose a more summery straw look.
2. Accessorise, accessorise, accessorise!
Although it is important not to over-accessorise, the right jewellery can really make or break an outfit and should always be thought of as the perfect finishing touch.
3. When it comes to day time racing, less is always more when it comes to make up and it is important to let your natural beauty shine through and make sure you haven’t overdone it!
4. When choosing the perfect outfit, it is important to keep racing etiquette in mind, so save shorter dresses and minis for night time events!
5. Shoes can complete the overall look. Racegoers should always go for a stylish practical look and if you are splashing out on a new pair of shoes, make sure you break them in before the big day.